- 1 cup (225g) unsalted butter
- 2 cups (400g) granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (60g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (180g) chocolate chips or chopped chocolate (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter in the microwave or on the stovetop. Allow it to cool slightly.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined.
4. Pour the melted butter into the sugar mixture and whisk until smooth.
5. In another bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Add this mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
6. If desired, fold in the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate.
7. Pour the batter into the greased baking pan and spread it evenly.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs.
9. Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
Nutritional Information (per serving, based on approximately 16 brownies):
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Cholesterol: 72mg
- Sodium: 66mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 33g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugars: 25g
- Protein: 3g
These rich and decadent chocolate brownies will pair wonderfully with a medium to dark roast coffee that can hold its own against the intense flavors. A bold, full-bodied coffee with notes of dark chocolate, caramel, or even hints of berry would make a great match. Consider a single-origin coffee from regions like Guatemala or Costa Rica for a delicious pairing experience.
Enjoy baking these homemade chocolate brownies and savoring them alongside a delicious cup of specialty coffee!